In this Case Study article we will discuss different facets of Backlinks such as its definition, importance, types and the ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In just one sentence ‘Backlinks’ are defined as incoming links to our blog (website) or webpage using their company websites or blogs. When someone read your article and in case he liked exactly the same and produced content related to the identical topic on their own blog, they links back that content to your webpage, that’s known as a backlink. Still confused, let’s take an illustration suppose Mr. A writes a post in the blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B experiences that article, founds good and publishes a content related to Backlinks on his own blog, giving the web link of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the value of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing viewed as the most significant aspect of Backlinks. As because of them Google and other major search engine listings indexes even a newer blog or pages or article at a faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site that is crawled frequently concerns your website, which increases crawling of internet search engine bots inside your site resulting in faster indexing.
* Search Engine Rankings- Another important aspect of Backlinks are which they enhance your site search engine’s ranking. In the event you build or get more quantity of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine rankings going to be improved as internet search engine judge a site rankings on variety of quality backlinks. For those who have more quantity of links, online search engine show your web site on the top pages. Which can be again extremely important for driving traffic from search result’s as we all know that the majority of the traffic which our blog receives arises from search engines.
* Page Rank- Not only search engine rankings, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, Once you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank within your next update and that we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among your competition who may have lower Page rankings, which enrich your site with additional traffic as opposed to others.
* Most of us know that Backlinks are very important part of SEO (seo). Now next we need to focus on best Backlinks building methods or how to construct Backlinks? If you Google for Backlink building, you can find 1000s of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to offer your blog site with Backlinks as many as you want in a single click. A few of these automated tools cost nothing and some are paid which supplies you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which provides free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your web site performance. Different Paid sites that provide backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from the upper paragraph we got to the conclusion that people should always try for obtaining some quality backlinks rather than enormous bad quality backlinks while keeping ourselves in play safe mode. Now the question arises that what actually an excellent backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- An excellent backlink is defined as a backlink which comes from a site which includes content associated with your web site rather than a link which will come from a site that is not related to you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which utilizes your keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A gets a backlink coming from a site using same keywords or on same theme such as blogging, SEO, Make money online etc, this link is considered quality Backlink instead of it gets a link from a vehicle website. Google gives high importance towards the link which comes from blogging site and provides less relevance for the link which comes from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which comes from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu as many important Hope you understand what I mean to express.
Now let’s see what are various kinds of backlinks? You can find basically two various kinds of backlinks one is “dofollow” and the other is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are the ones backlinks that are accompanied by internet search engine crawlers whenever they crawl your website. Or we can say when internet search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your entire blog including links, pictures everything, when they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands in that page. Suppose I link back for you, when crawlers crawl that link they lands in your page, which helps in indexing your website faster. It gives you traffic as well as assist in improving your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are those backlinks that contains a “nofollow” tag. When online search engine crawlers crawl this, they just ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to find rel=”nofollow”. You will observe many links with this particular tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also provides you with good traffic although not beneficial for Pagerank.
Note: You are advised to build dofollow links and tag poor links within your site with a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and most effective ways to build quality backinks:-
(1) Social networking- Social media and bookmarking site’s would be the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter will always be proved as good for backlinks building. Just design your fan page there and commence posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is always discussed because the best white hat way of building backlinks. Just go to different sites or blogs that offers ‘Guest post’. Write on their behalf which often offer you quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Commenting On Blogs- Blog commenting is the simplest way for getting great deal of quality backlinks. Just post comments with your links (key phrases) in blogs linked to your niche. Definitely they provide ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your website to several blog directories including Blogcatalog and Technorati. I also received good backlinks from their store.
(5) Forum signature linking- Get involved in different forums linked to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only high quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is yet another way getting good backlinks, answers question related to your niche citing your website URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to various RSS directories.
(8) Article Submission- Submit your article to various article site like ezinearticles.
In case you are following these techniques, definitely you are likely to build some good quality back links.